Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My dilema over buying paint.

My students just recently finished creating textured clay fish. My whole thought process was that I was not going to use glaze but buy several different colors of metallic paints. I was just going to go to the craft store with my 50% off coupon and buy a set of six. Well....that is what I thought but that is not what happened. There was not a set I could buy and each bottle was $3.99. I didn't want to spend the money so I waited until the next day to go take a  look in my cabinets. This is what I found.....



Acrylic glitter glaze medium. No it is not metallic paint but it is different than just the regular tempera or adding modge podge to shine up the ceramic projects. Did I mention the kids loved the colors too (BONUS)! I just used a little tempera and more of the glaze and created my own glitter paint and a variety of colors.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it wasn't a dilemma after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm glad I came across your blog. It's lovely. We've all had the supply dilemma...One time I had to buy wire armature for a sculpture project I was doing with my fourth graders. I went to the my local art supply place and they were selling like 3 yards of wire for $12! Needless to say my 100 + 4th graders created their sculptures without wire that year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this great idea. My art budget has "remained the same" (luckily), but my numbers have doubled (you do the math!). This is a great tip!

    ReplyDelete